dig.#97/ Syclone 4.3L

john spears speartec at iquest.net
Wed Apr 3 21:49:11 GMT 1996

Terry Faugno, there must have been a little misunderstanding on the various
subjects I was talking about in reference to the various truck engines! I
was talking only about the 96 trucks in reference to the V8 Vortec engine;
not the Syclone. My point there was that I feel they could have made a big
hit had they used the already existing LT1 instead of the money spent on the
redesigned SCPI Vortec V8's. The LT1 has more power and is more impressive
than the SCPI engines. I guess if you're selling every one you can make they
must be doing something right!

The Syclone/Typhoon trucks used a true port fuel injected version of the
4.3L engine; it was NEVER a 3.8L intercooled/turbo Buick engine. The only
other production vehicle to use that engine was the 1989 Turbo Trans Am Indy
Pace Car.

If a guy could get ahold of the intake manifold from a Syclone/Typhoon it
would be a great building block for a nice 4.3L; it even used the same
throttle body assembly as the TPI/LT1 engines.

                John Spears
       Speartech Fuel Injection Systems