Newbie enquiry

John Ansell j2a at crosfield.co.uk
Thu Apr 4 10:51:48 GMT 1996

Hello,

First off, let me apologise if this is off-charter, but it seems to me
there are loads of experts here that someone may be able to help.

I'm in England and run a Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 litre controlled by a
Bosch Motronic v4.0 (according to a third-party workshop manual). The
system doesn't have an exhaust sensor or catalytic convertor.

I need to find out the interface requirements for the diagnostic connector
in the engine bay in order to read the Fault codes and anything else that
may be available.

I found the list of Motronic fault codes on the Web and spent ages in the
car switching the ignition on and pumping the gas pedal, but the Engine
Fault lamp wouldn't flash, so I guess it's too new a version (pity).

I've read the FAQs, but found nothing specific.

My expertise is in microcontroller hardware and software design, so I'd
be more than willing to share anything I come up with in exchange for the
information.

Can anybody provide me with the info or any pointers?

Many thanks in advance!
--
     John Ansell	| Voice: 01442 343183	| "Mother in law" is an
Crosfield Electronics	| Fax:   01442 343153	| anagram of "Woman Hitler"