ATI Supercharging

Brad Sheridan bs73 at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Apr 4 22:47:27 GMT 1996

> >Sure it is...  At least the oxygen sensor monitor part.  If you're at all
> >capable with electronics, you can build a monitor for about 20$ and a couple
> >of hours.  Use a National Semiconductor LM3914 and a handful of LED's.
> >Gives you a 10 dot readout and requires only a handful of readily available
> >parts.  The graphic readout is much more readable than squinting at a
> >voltmeter while you're trying to drive, and you can add a little filtering
> >to smooth out the fluctuations.
>
> Darrell,
>         I'm very much a novice at the wiring and stuff, but how could I wire
> this into my 5.0L Mustang...I think it would help when on the laughing gas.
> (diagrams if possible)
>                                 Gannon

 Its very simple to wire. The 3914 has an opamp for buffering, so all you
have to do is run another wire from the output from the O2 sensor to the input
of the 3914. It can be built fairly easily, the main question is whether or
not its very useful. From what I have read on 02 sensors, they are only
accurate around stoich, giving an output of .45 V. I doubt the O2 sensor
output will even be worth reading while you're on the bottle. The diagrams
for the monitor are on the DIY_EFI web site I believe, in the projects
section.

Brad