EEC-IV Questions

Corey Cole colec at pr.erau.edu
Mon Apr 8 01:05:00 GMT 1996

	I think I'm looking at an EEC-IV failure, and I'm wondering if
anybody out there can answer a few questions...

1)  Does an EEC-IV failure wipe out the self diagnostic abilities of the box?
(I've got a scan tool, and I get no test, and no codes)

2)  Do Ford dealers have the capability to check an EEC-IV "on the bench"
(out of the vehicle)?

As stated above, I've tried to diagnose the vehicle using the internal
diagnostics, but I get no reply.  The vehicle appears to be running in
"limp home" mode, and the sensors I've checked look okay (It's pretty
tight in an Escort's engine compartment)

Any assistance in this matter is sincerely appreciated (not just by me,
but also by my wife...)

 Corey Cole					colec at pr.erau.edu
 '65 Skylark
"Knowledge is power...but cubic inches help."		Go #24!!!!!

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison
and I went to pick her up in the rain.
But before I could get to the station in my pick up truck,
she got runned over by the darned old train...
						David Allen Coe
						Steve Goodman