TEC

Jim Pearl JVP at qsi.com
Tue Apr 9 00:30:23 GMT 1996

I'm going to try and explain this as calmly as possible and not flame the
living #%^% daylights out of a rather shall we say insensitive person.

What you've seen is most likely what has come out of MY mail package -
usually indicated by the From line. I'm using MSExchange - junk, I don't
much like it, but it's the only thing that's worked so far with my
companies system (note I've only spent a few hours with other packages,
it's screwy). MsExchange tries to "guess", based on the message it's
responding to, whether or not the other client(s) can understand it's rich
text language.

For some reason it CONSISTENTLY guesses WRONG for anything from this l*st.
This despite the fact that I have an address entry telling it NOT to do
this. EVERY SINGLE TIME I post I must go through a series of steps to turn
this off for EACH POSTING. understand so far? Occasionally I FORGET! It's
only been recently through a series of polite exchanges (pardon the pun)
with a member of this list that I've been able to even figure out what the
blinking heck is going on. Understand? Note the word polite? I realize that
you've never made a mistake before so I'll try not to swear or accuse you
of intentionally sending me this stuff - that okay?

BTW - I've received several messages from this list in Exchange format NOT
authored by me. If there's someone out there who's figured out how to turn
this junk off without lobotomizing the software or some way not to send the
"rich text" attachment I'd appreciate a polite discussion OFF-LINE about
it. I DON'T wish to tie up bandwidth, make peoples lives harder, or take
part in a rude discussion - I can find plenty of rude people elsewhere.
I'll try to make this my first and last posting to the list abut this
particular topic - my mail works just fine off-line and I know we've all
got other things we're here to learn about other than MY mail problems.
Thanks!

P.S. Its real use? I could use color, Bolding, underlining, possibly
graphics, and any other cutesy thing I wanted - if you could receive it.
Since I know that 99% of the world doesn't use Exchange (I'm happy about
this - I like Notes) I don't WANT to send this. Stuff happens though
and.....