Newbie enquiry

John Ansell j2a at crosfield.co.uk
Tue Apr 9 10:50:16 GMT 1996

Hi, Jim,

Many thanks for your offers of help. It's very generous of you.
I'd be delighted to take you up!

>  OK .. do you have an EPROM burner .. read me the EPROM, and we'll see
>  whats in it .. if you can take a photo of the board, and digitize it,
>  all the better!!

I can certainly get a dump of the EPROM - would you prefer any particular format?
I'll go for normal Intel if not.

I'll see what I can do about a picture of the board - again, any particular format
that you prefer?

>  Now very likely the processor is either 8051 based or 8096 based .. if you
>  already have an EPROM dump (try and read it as a 27C512) you can look at the
>  image .. or send it to me and I will ...

If it's not too much bother, I'd like you to have a look as well - you know what
to look for!

>  The chronology SORTA goes like this ..
>
>  Version          # Processors              uP Identity
>
>   0                     1                       1802
>   1                     1                       805x
>   2                     2                      805x, MC68HC11ish
>   3                     2                      805x, 8x196

Maybe between us we can fill in some holes for version 4!

Thanks again - I'll e-mail the EPROM dump when I have it.
--
     John Ansell	| Voice: 01442 343183	| "Mother in law" is an
Crosfield Electronics	| Fax:   01442 343153	| anagram of "Woman Hitler"