Surface Gap Plugs

orlin steven jared orlin-s at rclsgi
Wed Apr 17 14:37:59 GMT 1996

> I don't know if someone already posted this info or not - if so, forgive me.
>  Regarding surface gap plugs, I know for a fact that Alfa Romeos came from
> the factory with such plugs, Golden Lodge plugs, manufactured by Lodge.
>  Replacements can be found if you look for them, one supplier is
> International Auto Parts (1-800-726-0555).  They come in two heat ranges, one
> is designated HL for "normal speed driving", the other is designated 2HL, for
> "high speed driving".  If you're interested, the IAP part numbers are HL and
> 2HL, respectively, and they sell for $4.75 each regardless of heat range.

You sure they aren't 'semi surface gap plugs' ?  In the industry, semi
surface gap plugs look almost identical to surface gap plugs, except
that the bottom of the shell has 4 notches in it, creating 4 ground
electrodes in the shell, and these plugs are slightly hotter than
regular surface gaps, but not by much.   They are used in some of the
new Mazda Rotary engines, but they could have been used in the Alfa
too..

Steve