Hall-sensor

Hans Hintermaier HIHA at GNF99M.nefo.med.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Apr 23 13:40:55 GMT 1996

Hi Dennis,
>install on different vehicles. I would like to know if you can buy a hall
>effect sensor or what is the particular design so that I might build one.

There are lots of different Hall-Ic's, giving different
output-signals. I am working with Siemens TLE 4905, it is the
cheapest I have seen yet(around $1), but there are more reliable ones for
automotive applications, for ex. TLE 4904. Both are made for
unipolar magnetic fields, others switch at both magnetig flux
directions, third ones store the last switch position, (Bistabil)
and differential-hall ic's are not very gap-dependent(axial rotor-
vibration)
Unipolar, consumer, cheap:TLE 4905.
Unipolar, automotive protected: TLE 4904.
Bipolar, consumer: TLE 4935.
Bipolar, automotive:TLE 4934.
Differetial, automotive: TLE 4920

hiha@ brain.nefo.med.uni-muenchen.de