EGT for feedback

Michael T. Kasimirsky mtk at tmc.astm.cmri.cmu.edu
Thu Aug 1 12:16:06 GMT 1996

I'm new to the list and to the whole DIY-EFI thing in general.  All the
recent talk of O2 sensors has got me wondering about another source of
combustion feedback.  Has anyone tried using exhaust gas temperature for
fine-tuning the intake mixture?  It would seem to me that you could lean
the mixture to increase EGT or richen to lower EGT.  If you'd done some
initial tuning with a gas analyzer to determine an optimum temp, this
would work.  Any thoughts?

Michael T. Kasimirsky       ---->              mtk at tmc.astm.cmri.cmu.edu
Days:    Staff Engineer                     or mk4u at andrew.cmu.edu
         ASTM Test Monitoring Center		Phi Gamma Delta,
Nights:  1992 Suzuki GSX-R750 Pilot		NRA Life Member, AMA Member
         1991 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit Mechanic	DoD #1848