Alpha-N injection

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 5 14:12:35 GMT 1996

>   Has anyone here looked at the merits of a system that only knows the
>position of the throttle plates? And the can use O2, engine temp and air
>temp values to tune the A/F ratio.
>
>   This is the system that I'm working on now, and am nearly complete. It
>has the simplest components.
>
>   1 10bit 600ns flash A/D
>   1 8 bit A/D that is slow and has a analog multiplexer attached
>   1 O2 sensor
>   1 Mil spec oil filled conductive plastic POT for a precision voltage
>divider.
>
>   Thats the who core system, when I finish my spec sheet I'll provide
>more info...
>
>      Later,
>           Jim Staff

Jim

This describes the Holley aftemarket EFI I have installed on my Bronco.
It only uses TPS, engine RPM and temp. as inputs.  For ~ $200 one can
add EGO (O2) feedback, though I haven't done that yet.

It seems that most people in this group are looking to modify
the fuel injection system they already have.  I would like to take
the throttle body injection system I have installed (Holley) and
build my own controller, perhaps adding a few more data inputs.
But, alas, though I feel I have some idea of how the various
bits of data influence the control process, I would like to not
have to re-invent the wheel.  The development of fuel control
systems has obviously consumed thousands of hours of automotive
engineers' time -- though probably a large amount was spent
on emissions control algorithms.  Though I would like to be able
to be emissions compliant -- I also want to be able to go fast!

Anyway, keep me posted on what you find out.

Thanks,
Tom Cloud