more musings on EFI controllers

Robert Van Zant rvanzant at van.inc.net
Wed Aug 7 22:37:22 GMT 1996

> So the simplest solution on the electronics end of things is a voltage
> regulator, an EEPROM, a 2 channel ADC, a buffer (for the ADC
> outputs), a programmable count down timer, a clock, an injector driver,
> and some glue logic. Although the EEPROM may be separate, the buffer,
> clock, counter/timer, and glue logic could probably be fit into a GAL
> or other programmable logic chip. How's that for simple?

     Sounds good, but I'm still looking for the hole to plug my one
must-have item into.  Limp Home Mode.  For my particular application,
LHM is crucial to the point that I've been dreaming up digital-over-
analog EFI's, at least that's the best term I can give it, but the
concept should be obvious.  Before I wander too far here, has any
work been done along these lines?

bob