"Dropping" resistors ??

Stephen Lamb lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au
Fri Aug 9 04:19:09 GMT 1996

A friend of mine appears to have blown the "dropping" resistor assembly on
the (stock) injector system of an FJ20 (in a Datsun 1600).  Nissan don't
want to know him, and he's having trouble finding a replacement (the FJ20
was an imported performance engine).

>From what I've been able to find out about these things, they are simply a
bunch of heavy duty resistors in-line to the injectors.  All the manuals
I've read on the Nissan version of the L-Jetronic system suggest that each
resistor should be about 6 ohm.

My question is: Could I simply make a substitute by wiring in a bunch of 6
ohm, 5W wire-wound resistors, or is there some other magical property to
this device ??

TIA

PS: Are there any suppliers for these items in the States ??

Stephen Lamb
Dept. of Defence DSTO, AMRL
506 Lorimer Street
Fishermans Bend  VIC  3207 Australia