HEGOs

DJohn77284 at aol.com DJohn77284 at aol.com
Sat Aug 10 16:53:16 GMT 1996

Can anyone offer advice in using a HEGO to set up carbs. I know it's not EFI
but while I try to develope my own EFI system it's all I've got.

At the moment I can achieve a brilliant setup at idle (using a CO meter) and
snap throttle is also crisp, albeit with no load, but out on the road heavy
applications of the throttle produces black exhaust like it's way too rich.

I can't use my CO meter as the response is too slow so I was wondering about
using a HEGO sensor stuffed up the tail pipe. Will using the O2 sensor in
this position give accurate enough results (for carbs anyway) as all the
applications I've seen have the sensor located somewhere around the manifold.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Johnson