My DIY EFI

DJohn77284 at aol.com DJohn77284 at aol.com
Sat Aug 10 16:53:24 GMT 1996

Just a quick note on my DIY EFI project.

Based around an 80c32, programmed via Keil C. To control both ignition and
fuelling via TPS v RPM lookup tables stored in EEPROM, modified by coolant
temp, air temp and battery voltage. Analogue inputs are via an LTC1090 which
is a serial 8-channel 10-bits ADC. For the outputs at the moment I'm thinking
of using MC3334s for the ignition and an MC33298 for the injection. Does
anyone have any views on these chips or experience on equivalents?

Progress is slow at the moment as I'm learning to program in C - this
pointers business gets confusing sometimes.... The situation at present is
that I have a working mother board to which I intend to add an expansion
board with the necessay signal conditioning for the inputs and the output
drivers for the ignition and injection. I'd also like to add serial
communications to a PC to enable updating of the lookup tables but this is
not a priority at the moment.

The end application at the moment is a Rover V8 which has no mods on it at
all. The main aim of this project being to improve drivability and economy
with hopefully a bit more power through more accurate setup.

If anyone has any advice, comments or whatever, they will be gratefully
appriciated.

Regards,

Dave Johnson