HEGOs

Walter Kaufmann walter.kaufmann at sd.id.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 12 13:48:57 GMT 1996

>I can't use my CO meter as the response is too slow so I was wondering about
>using a HEGO sensor stuffed up the tail pipe. Will using the O2 sensor in
>this position give accurate enough results (for carbs anyway) as all the
>applications I've seen have the sensor located somewhere around the manifold.

The threat of the HEGO I use is M18x1,5.

It is 20 cm from the exhaust valve away in the outlet manyfold. The working
temarature should be between 300 (heated 200) celsius and 800 celsius, so it
is in a small tube weldet to the exhaust with a 10mm hole. So the sensor is
not directly in the exhaust and the temp don't go above 800 C.

Walter