DIY_EFI Digest V1 #230

Frank Parker fparker at umich.edu
Wed Aug 14 15:27:47 GMT 1996

> >From: Robert Van Zant <rvanzant at van.inc.net>
> >Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 18:12:49 -0500 (CDT)
> >Subject: Importing a rover
> >
> >> Because rover got that engine from oldsmobile, and the olds ran better with
> >> a carb.
> >
> >     I was told that these are descendants of the 215 ci aluminum block
> >Olds/Buick V8, now up to 4 liter, still aluminum.  Was also told that
> >they're quite plentiful (and fairly cheap) in the UK.  They are neither
> >here in the US, so was wondering how difficult importing a few would be.
> >Anyone know what they might sell for in the junk yards in England,
> >and/or what kind of hassles are involved in shipping them here?  Maybe
> >I'll just take a vacation, and bring one home in several suitcases.
> >
> >thanks,
> >bob

215 engines are easy to find. I just sold 3, including a very nice fuel
injection manifold I made myself from a OLDS 4bbl manifold.

The worlds best supplier of Buick/Olds 215 parts is Dan LaGrou of D&D
Fabrications in Mich, Phone #- 810-798-2491. He has any engine related
parts including rare Jetfire models.

	Frank Parker