Truck parts Dynamometer.

Todd Knighton knighton at net-quest.com
Sat Aug 17 16:53:15 GMT 1996

Dave,
	I've built my own engine dyno's a couple of times.  Utilizing a Stuska
waterbrake, load cell, and gauge.  The rest was basically frame work.
With electronics it would probably be easier with strain gauges and
stuff vs load cells.  But I know that now.
	Chassis dyno's are a bit more difficult just because of the size
involved, though you don't need any ancillaries for it, just drive the
car on.  For any kind of real horsepower though you need huge rollers.
And the more horsepower, the more losses through tires and frictional
losses you'll be recording.  Thus the more inaccurate.  I've always
preferred engine dyno's to chassis stuff.  Chassis dyno's have their
place though.
	If I can help?

Todd Knighton
Protomotive Engineering