Zero Emissions Vehicle (was Electric Veh.)

Hans Hintermaier HIHA at GNF99M.nefo.med.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Aug 19 14:30:20 GMT 1996

Hello John,
<I am fairly certain that the peak hours for electric generation will
<shift, not to mention the rates for electric power- especially after
<they get you over a barrell.  So the term "Zero Emissions Vehicle" is
<a LIE.  They ought ...
You are absolutely right! The efficiency rate from power-producer
to end user is not more than 10% (I am not shure, but I can get
exact numbers if you want)
Also solar power is not the cleanest. Some years ago there was a
study about solar-cells. It said, that solar cell production consumes
more energy than the cell will bring back in it's lifetime.
Maybe things have changed in between, but "zero emmission" is
something else.
Sorry, I don't have better ideas neither (spelling?), so we have to
make the best out of existing energy possibilities.
Regards
Hans

hiha@ brain.nefo.med.uni-muenchen.de
Munich / Germany