Ford EEC-IV help

Sven Pruett vanir at gnn.com
Mon Aug 19 15:51:43 GMT 1996

Greetings all,

I am new to this list and have found it to be a refreshingly
detailed forum.  Though I can appreciate the dedication that many
of you have in developing an entire EFI system, my interests are
much more specialized.  In short, I am interested in manufacturing
my own "piggyback" chips for Ford EEC-IV and EEC-V processors.  I
am admittedly a novice when it comes to this process so please
pardon whatever academic questions I may have.  Anyway,
here goes:

1)  I am interested in corresponding with any of you who have
experience working with the Ford EEC-IV and V series computers.
Particularly, those who have successfully extracted and manipulated
the code from these processors.

2)  I had heard rumor that some members of this list have
constructed real-time data collection devices that monitored every
sensor in/out signal for a period of time.  If this is true, would
you be willing to share such technology?

3)  Is there available any software programs that can successfully
interpret the Ford Code into something recognizable to the average
human?

4)  What programming language should I begin to familiarize myself
with in order to begin work with the Ford code?  So far, my
programming experience has revolved around developing Windows
automotive software in Layout 3.01c and a little Quickbasic.

5)  Having absolutely no experience in manufacturing my own boards,
etc.  Can any of you recommend a few good references to guide me in
the process or someone who can perform such work economically when
presented with a concept?

I realize these questions may be a tall order.  However, I would
appreciate any constructive feedback from this list.

Kindest regards,

Sven Pruett
Vanir Technologies