Electric vehicle

ptimmerm at mashtun.JPL.NASA.GOV ptimmerm at mashtun.JPL.NASA.GOV
Mon Aug 19 16:30:47 GMT 1996

An interesting duscussion you guys have started.
The current best thinking coming from my shop is
that batteries are to be used for pulse type power for
starting and hill climbing, (very high specific power)
while the range is given by very high energy devices,
such as the aforementioned turbine or our favorite,
the direct oxidation, liquid feed, methanol fuel cell.
Ultra capacitors may also prove useful in this mix.
Correct sizing could allow some outrageous starts, but
not to many in a row.

paul t-