ZEV / REV

Jim Steck 72614.557 at CompuServe.COM
Tue Aug 20 05:28:15 GMT 1996

>>So the term "Zero Emissions Vehicle" is a LIE.  They ought
>>to be called "Remote Emissions Vehicles" (REV) since they just shift
>>the emissions point to another location.

>people generally don't congregate around a power station exhaust
>stack, but cars and people must co-habitate generally at close range,
>therefore zero tail-pipe emissions is beneficial from a public health
>point of view.

So you think it's okay to dump it in my back yard?  Besides, we're not going to
die from the exhaust from internal combustion engines . . . it'll be the damn
batteries that get us.  Hey, how about a good 'T-bone' accident with an electric
vehicle?  Maybe one that's bromide based . . . or one of those that contain
molten sulfer?  ;-)

Jim Steck
AutoComponenti