'97 Corvette engine, DIS

Terry Hartman txhartma at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com
Tue Aug 20 16:12:24 GMT 1996

> From: Matt Sale <mds at mot.delcoelect.com>

> Read the  September '96 issue of Hot Rod magazine!  It shows a coil-at-plug
> system on the new "LS1" 350.
                         ^^^^^^

> > Are the rumors true, Direct Ignition on the '97 Corvette 5.7l LT1? Are there
> > any technical tidbits available? Feed me info ...please!
> >
> > GMD

They may call it a "350" but it's actually like 346 cid....  Pretty
slick looking motor too with that thermo-plastic intake.

For tech info on the new LS1, I believe that Hot Rod and Chevy High
Performance both have detailed articles on the new LS1 and that
Corvette Fever will have it in the September or October issue.

*Supposedly*, only the 'vette will get the all-aluminum block.  The
F-car line will get an iron version of the LS1 in like '98 and the
trucks will get an iron head/block version of it in '98 as well....

later,

T.
--
Terry Hartman           voice:(214) 519-2920           ,,,
txhartma at spd.dsccc.com                                (o o)