EGO Sensors and linearity

Land Shark lndshrk at xmission.com
Tue Aug 20 19:49:14 GMT 1996

At 02:33 PM 8/20/96 EDT, you wrote:

>If you look at the math involved with understanding the output of an O2 sensor,
>I can't BELIEVE that you can make a claim that you will be able to determine an
>A/F from the output (even with Temp.)  You would need to know the proportions
>of exhaust gas components at every temperature (including SPECIES of SOx, NOx
>etc.) in order to make that claim.  I am tired of reading this garbage.  Anyone
>have any science to back themselves up???

 Yeah .. I do .. how about internal BOSCH memos and cal docs on their LSM-11
 sensor ..

 Put the dammed electrochemical textbooks away .. this is the REAL world, not
 the bloody lab!!

 If you have a (basically) known composition fuel (gasoline, known C/H ratio) you
 can then linearize the sensor .. even better, the LSM-11 sensor is a carefully
 built sensor which is constant from sensor to sensor ..

 If it's good enough for Bosch Motorsport, it had BETTER be good enough for you!

 Jim