EFI musings

jengel at FastLane.NET jengel at FastLane.NET
Thu Aug 22 00:35:48 GMT 1996

EFI doesn't require the pressure drop across a venturi that a carb
does.  If it is set up for power (as apposed to emissions, cost or
whatever) the reduced pressure drop (generally 1 - 3" Hg) gives
better VE.

Other that power, EFI is more adjustable i.e. mountains; the "warmup"
time is shorter and the drivability is generally better (remember
turning on the A/C in a car with a small engine?  Nowadays it still
moves like a slug, but the idle quality and drivability are better).

Not to mention turbo applications. . .

je

> Date:          Wed, 21 Aug 1996 12:06:43 -0400

 <gobble>