EFI musings

David Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Thu Aug 22 03:18:58 GMT 1996

>But, in one page or less, what do you need and why not carbs?
>
>--
>Ed Hernandez
>Ford Motor Company
>ehernan3 at ed8719.pto.ford.com

In one sentence.

With a single microcontroller chip ecm, I replaced the 2Barrel carb on a
warmed over 69 302 in a Fairlane with a 2 barrel throttle body, I eleminated
an anoying throttle lag and flat spot at part throttle, increased gas
mileage from 13 to 16 mpg, and increased 0 to 60 from 8.5 to 8 seconds.
Yes, I know that I could of bolted on a eddlebrock performer RPM intake and
carb, but would it start and idle easily at 10 below 0F!! And it sure is
easy to drive and throttle response is increadable.

Well that was three sentences, but?

David J. Doddek                                          |pantera at pobox.com
Owner SGD Electronics & Development Engr for Caterpillar |h 309 685-7965
Formula SAE Team Sidewinder 94-95                        |w 309 578-2931
89 T-bird SC,  69 Fairlane w/SGD EFI                     |fx 217 428-4686
74 Pantera w/Electromotive Tec-II Twin turbos and Nitros |
Hey, If you are going to go fast, go REEEAAL FAST.       |