Cylinder Select

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Thu Aug 22 05:52:30 GMT 1996

Hi Folks

Just to update you all. Finally got my test L98 running on a test
stand in my garage. After three tries managed to find the Vats disable
bit. So starts up without using Sig generator at 30 Hz(tnx).

Fyi the GM eprom in the 730 Calpak reprograms well. The only
reason for a zif socket is rapid change of parameters for testing.

Now to a problem. The calpak I used is from a V6. The one error
I am getting is a cylinder select error. Unlike the earlier
P4 the 165 ECM there doesn't appear to be an external Cylinder
select jumper. So it must be in the Calpak.

I am wondering if anyone has info on which pins to change in the
resistor pak.

Not a great hassle. Just have to dig up a V8 calpak.

Well tnx everybody

GL: peter