Truck parts Dynamometer.

Kalle Pihlajasaari kalle at device.data.co.za
Thu Aug 22 15:43:15 GMT 1996

Hi,

What diameter shaft would one look at for coupling the rolls together and
to the Retarder ?

> -> The tires slip on the rolls at higher powers, and there is a lot of
> -> energy lost by the tires heating up as they deflect at the roll
>
>  Yes.  They're only useful as full-range dynos for less powerful cars,
> but they're quite handy for doing low speed and part throttle work on
> any car.

The rolls at the break testing facility at the roadworthy testing site
inmy home town have regular link chain wrapped around the rolls in a
close spiral.  This makes the surface of uneven diameter and would
give a different result depending on the weight on the wheels I feel.

Does one need to check revs from the wheel or is the roller good
enough for most tests (comparative)

Cheers
Kalle Pihlajasaari     kalle at data.co.za
Interface Products     Box 15775, Doornfontein, 2028, South Africa
+27 (11) 402-7750      Fax: +27 (11) 402-7751