EFI musings

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Thu Aug 22 20:06:47 GMT 1996

it's not just Ford,
 [ snip ]
>Maybe it's a chicken and egg thing, but I still wish I knew the answer
>to your question. I have suspicion$, but I can't elaborate.

One would hope it was (just) a corporate decision that it was not lucrative
enough to be worth the while.  [Boy, I hope it's not the Arabs, GM,
enviro-wackos, or communists.]  It's certainly not that fords don't win
their share of competitions nor have their share of hot rodders ---

BUT !!  WHY would they do something so stupid (at least to me) as
to make modifications to their controllers so consarned difficult ??
I mean, someone on the group sort of inferred putting a GM controller
in my Ford -- sounds like maybe a great idea!

There's lots of stuff out there for the GM unit.  Don't know what
problem would arise trying to interface to the sensors or cable.
Can't see much else besides that.  Does anyone know where I should
start looking?  I understand there's "ports" for some GM controller
that allows confuser hookup for programming.  Which controller is
that?  Where does one find the "port"?  How much is it?  Has anyone
actually cross-bred one of these things to something else?

tom cloud                       <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>
austin community college
austin, texas

** the ideas expressed here (if you can call them that) do not
represent my opinion or anyone elses