Truck parts Dynamometer.

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.telstra.com.au
Fri Aug 23 01:36:19 GMT 1996

> Someone on the hotrod list a long time ago suggested putting a hall effect
> type sensor at the both ends of the driveshaft and measuring how much it
> twists.

How about mounting the engine with some sort of spring loaded engine
mounts and measure the deflection under load. Perhaps even a strain
guage on the standard engine mounts would work?

The Nissan Skyline GTR in Japan has a torque guage on the dash.. I'll
try to find out how it works. (Probably done somewhere in the highly
complex transmission)

Cheers,
Craig.