linear EFI

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 23 13:49:18 GMT 1996

>TBI will lose the whole rpm range to a good port injected intake.
>Ergo...
>
>--
>Ed Hernandez

okay, Ed.  You said your specialty was manifolds.  Let me pick your
brain, if that's okay.  Currently have the Holley 650 cfm TBI on
Edelbrock Performer manifold on 351W.  Plan to get Motorsport 351W
(the cast-iron head dude with 346 hp rated).  Do you think I'd lose
to put a 351W HO TPI system from a junk yard on it instead?  Would
then play with either building a controller, modifying a Ford unit
or maybe (as pondered in previous post) a GM controller.

I.E.:  Do you think I'll lose by dumping the Performer and going to the
Ford stock TPI manifold?

Thanks,
Tom Cloud               <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>
Austin Community College