Digital EFI How?

Jonathan Lloyd john at jall.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 25 13:35:55 GMT 1996

I will carry on "messing" with my EECIV but I would also like to work in
parrallel on my own ECU system.  I have been wondering for a while about
what principle to adopt and have been a little peturbed about the
algorithms and tables neccessary to do the job right.  I have been
reading some detail recently about neural networks implemented on some
fairly complex tasks on some pretty ordinary hardware.  I like the idea
of a system which is programmed to do no more than "learn how to make
the car run best and then do it".  Presumably with the correct
parameters for definition of "best" one could rely on the system to be
self correcting to the extent that a "limp home" was inbuilt and ageing
taken care of.
Anyone know whether this is being considered or if current micros can
process enough to do it?
Jonathan Lloyd     john at anergy.demon.co.uk