Real time dyno

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Tue Aug 27 13:05:31 GMT 1996

>This might be a dumb question, but why do you care? As long as there is
>traction most power is going to directly read on accelerometer which need only
>establish what adjustments work best, not best as compared to XXXX. Whatever
>vehicle parameters are will show in best tuning for accelerometer readings.
>Why make it complicated?

I would love to have dyno ... and a place to put it ... and the time
to play with it ... and the money to support all the stuff above plus
everything else (including the divorce attorney).

Since I don't, and my needs are tuning my EFI for optimum (in real
time), the accelerometer seems the best compromise.  I don't have
to pull the engine, or pay someone to let me use their dyno while
trying to make adjustments.  Clearly, I'm not trying to compete.
If I were, I'd seek out the likes of Todd and follow their lead.
But, their methods are beyond me.  Methinks if I could just peak
acceleration and then tune for some other trifling things (like
idle, cold running, etc), I'd be happy.

tom