switching between EPROMS

dzorde at aesprodata.com.au dzorde at aesprodata.com.au
Wed Aug 28 07:09:41 GMT 1996

     If you switch it with the engine turned OFF, I don't think you'd have
     a problem.

Subject: switching between EPROMS
Author:  diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu at INTERNET
Date:    8/28/96 3:04 PM

Hello All,

quick question:

has anyone made a device that you can plugs lots of EPROMs into, plug into
your car ECU, and switch between them with a switch??

I want to make one for only 2 EPROMs, and was thinking of using a simple
switch to switch the chip enable between the EPROMs.  Will this work?? or
will the time gap when neither of the EPROMs are enabled be enough to
confuse the micro, and go into some unknown state?

I could use latches and some simple logic chips to get around this I guess.

Any recommendations??

Warren
Warren Crowther
Software Engineer         DDI +649 3610625
warren at advgroup.co.nz            Ph  +649 3602834 x5625
Advantage Systems Ltd                     Fax +649 3764210