My DIY EFI

Chris Morriss crsm at oroboros.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 19:17:36 GMT 1996

In message <32243bc5.638818 at lys.vnet.net>, Jim Santoro
<sebring at vnet.net> writes
>On Wed, 28 Aug 1996 08:51:08 +1000, you wrote:
>
>>Date sent:      Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:15:08 -0500 (CDT)
>>From:           Robert Van Zant <rvanzant at van.inc.net>
>>To:             diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
>>Subject:        Re: My DIY EFI
>>Send reply to:  diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu

>>> Ditto
>>
>>   Me three.
>>
>>bob
>>rvanzant at van.inc.net
>>
>> That makes me Four.
>>
>> Simon Tippett
>> Tippy at rmit.edu.au
>>

>Me too
>
>tdata at vnet.net
I'm not sure if these reponses are due to my posting about a DIY
analogue system or the other guy that posted information about a similar
set-up.
I'm doing a circuit description and a set of CADSTAR schematics for mine
now.  I am wondering whether there may be any chance of commercial sales
of a kit of parts (including PCB) for this sort of thing.  You would
need to now what you were doing in setting this sort of system up
though, in spite of the fact that I tried to make most of the
adjustments non-interactive.
One problem is that my initial prototype used some fairly expensive bits
that I happened to have (such as a dc-dc converter running of an input
of 9 to 36 Volts with a stabilised 12-0-12 V dc output).  These made it
easier to do conventional analogue design.  Also I used separate drive
amplifiers for each of the injectors.  I think there is a Nat Semi
injector driving chip (LM1949) that I would probably use now.

The MAP sensor wasn't an automotive one but an industrial temperature
compensated one sold by Farnell Electronic Components here in the UK.  I
guess that they're more expensive that the manufacturer's standard part.
(but more linear perhaps.)

UI hope to provide more information when I've drawn up the circuits
properly.  (Then I'll have to translate from DXF to JPG or GIF)

Bye for now,
--
Chris Morriss