Bosch to Hitachi MAF

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 30 17:25:30 GMT 1996

Andrew Rabbitt wrote:

>Like all other MAFs, the Hitachi unit (I presume it's a bypass unit
>similar to that fitted to the previous model Taurus, and many other
>Fords), is non-linear and therefore a 2-point calibration will not be
>adequate.

I offered an op-amp solution.  I know n-nothing about MAF's.  But,
if the two MAF's in question simply have inverted outputs and
different ranges, then (maybe) the non-linearity for one occurs
similarly to the other (except inverted) -- maybe.  If so, the
ECU already corrects for the stock unit and the simple op-amp
circuit that makes the different one 'look' like the stock will
work.  Looks like one needs data sheets on the sensors.

tom cloud