FORSALE: Engine Management System, Haltech E6

Jim Davies jimd at vcc.bc.ca
Mon Dec 2 16:22:27 GMT 1996

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Robert E. Yorke wrote:

>  My only problem with the Haltech, is figuring out how to allow the use of
> the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC )signal, which changes the pitch of the
> converter to provide a little better mileage.
--a minor point to note is that a TCC's function is to connect the trans.
input shaft to the engine crankshaft. This is accomplished via a
hydraulically actuated piston that is splined to the input shaft and is
forced against the convertors front housing when lockup is desired. There are
other variations on this theme, but this is the easiest system to control
by computer. Stator vane angle switching has been used (64-68 GM are good
examples) but this was to reduce idling-in-gear creep at traffic lights,
although it was widely modified to be used as a variable stall speed
convertor.

Jim Davies