Limits of TPI computer

Jussi T Kosonen jkosone1 at cc.hut.fi
Tue Dec 3 20:55:09 GMT 1996

Hi you all!!!
I have few questions about stock TPI computer limitations.

I own a -85 Vette (MAF computer) with quite heavy modifications that
include....

	-400 cid block bored 0.03"
	-stroker crank 3.875"
	= 420 cid
	-Dart II Sportsman cylinder heads
	-Compucam 2040 cam duration @ .050"=210/216 gross lift=.440"/.454"
	-SLP T-Ram manifold
	-Accel 58mm throttle body
	-Hedman Hedders with 1 5/8" tubes 3" collectors
	-Dual 2 1/2" exhaust tubing no catalytic converter
	-3" Flowmaster mufflers
	-modified MAF and air filter housing

with STOCK computer,fuel pump, injectors 24lbs/hr, fuel filter.

And that is what worries me ......

Is the stock TPI computer able to operate my engine??
I know that computer with MAF is quite tolerable with engine modifications
but still I fear that I'am not using the full potential of my engine.

I have the TPIS Insider Hints book that states that stock injectors
are able to produce +450 HP and they also say that it is better to
use small injectors with high fuel pressure than bigger ones with
lower.

I don't know how much HP my engine is producing but taking in a account
that my cam is so mild I estimate    less than 450HP...
but that book doesn't tell me what pressure should use.....
currently I have set it to 45PSI....

The question is......could I damage my engine at high RMP with
 too lean mixture..?

Any advise appreciated!!!!

Jussi