Flywheel/Encoder patterns

RABBITT_Andrew at mv8.orbeng.com.au RABBITT_Andrew at mv8.orbeng.com.au
Fri Dec 6 04:51:27 GMT 1996

>can you explain your thinking on the 60 tooth wheel.  I know
>Electromotive uses both the 60 tooth design and the 120 tooth design.

We're looking at a 60 tooth wheel (over a 36 tooth) to improve our
timing accuracy when we use missing tooth reference markers.

We use the industry standard practice of measuring time interval
between edges and using this time to extrapolate the position over the
used to drive the counters.

There are a couple of other issues driving this too, which are
specific to our design and not applicable to MPI systems.

Andrew Rabbitt