Weird problem

Gregory Chan gchan at compserv.senecac.on.ca
Wed Dec 11 18:12:49 GMT 1996

Hi all,
         I have been on this list now for quite a while now and I
have learnt much about fuel injections systems, however, I have a
problem which I am at a loss to solve. The car is a Toyota Corolla
GTS with a 4AG motor. I have 10.5:1 pistons, 288 cams and a tweaked
stock EFI system. The motor redlines the gears up to 4th, however,
5th does not go past 6,000 rpm and I am losing quite a lot of top
speed here as the redline is at 7,500 rpm. I have done an indicated
speed of 210 km/h with the present wheel/tire combination and a stock
engine @ 7,000 rpm in 5th gear before.
       Has anyone here experienced something like this before and can
offer some suggestions? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks ,

gchan at compserv.senecac.on.ca