oil pumps (not efi)

hoss karoly timothy at bekes.hungary.net
Thu Dec 12 02:20:54 GMT 1996

tom cloud wrote:

> Not an efi question (If you are under 18 or are offended by
> non-efi related subjects please leave now :-)
>
> Please excuse the non-efi related subject, but surely someone on
> this list can give me an answer???
>
> I've gotta make a decision soon.  My mentor and the part$ guy at
> the Ford haus advise me to put a high volume oil pump in my new
> hi performance SVO engine.  Dumb me, I gotta ask WHY??  (I've just
> purchased a "Lightning" short block from Ford SVO.)

this is a hard decision . if your oil pressure is stable
then you don't need the hi-vol part
but if you're really up to make your engine last build an electric
oil pump in it to build oil pressure before starting the engine
in tanks they use it to make starting easier and 90% of wear
happens in the first 10 seconds after starting the block
no oil pessure - no protective film : the old story

bye
charley