Weird problem

Gregory Chan gchan at compserv.senecac.on.ca
Thu Dec 12 18:03:23 GMT 1996

> 	Will the thing ever go beyond 6,000, even with no load sitting in the
> parking lot?

It goes up to the 7500 rpm redline up to 4th gear.

> 	Is the power up to 6,000 rpm respectable or is it a slow fall off?

It pulls pretty strongly from 4500 rpm as compared to a stock motor.

> 	Does your modified system have some built in rev limiter you don't know
> about?

The only thing that I did to the EFI was disabling the EGR valve and
adjusting the AFM for more gas.

> 	When the thing stops at 6,000 rpm's is the engine misfiring, smooth,
> backfiring, does the tach jump, do you notice black smoke out the tail
> pipe?

It's smooth, doesn't backfire and I've only run it that hard twice.

> 	Do you have an air fuel monitor on the engine, if so what's the fuel
> doing.

Nope. No AFMonitor.

> 	Is your dwell set properly? or is it a function in the computer?
> 	Is your spark plug gap too large, coil too weak, rotor phasing off?

Dwell is OK. I reduced the spark plug gap the 2nd time. Coil? Rotor
is new.