oil pumps (not efi)

dzorde at aesprodata.com.au dzorde at aesprodata.com.au
Mon Dec 16 00:23:48 GMT 1996

     From my experience of high volume oil pumps, they are mainly used for
     racing applications.  ie. when the crank is cross drilled, oil
     channels smoothed and enlarged, cam lube holes pressure controlled,
     etc all constantly running at high rpm's. In this case the extra
     volume of oil is needed to keep the top end from running dry.  This is
     also one of the reasons for having a puke tank connecting to the
     rocker covers, it may just overflow.

     In most normal cases, the stock pump is fine, however placing a small
     washer behind the relief spring to boost the pressure a little bit is
     a good idea if the engine will redline now and then.

     Dan        dzorde at aesprodata.com.au