ABS

RABBITT_Andrew at mv8.orbeng.com.au RABBITT_Andrew at mv8.orbeng.com.au
Tue Dec 17 06:42:15 GMT 1996

>anyway, can someone tell me how ABS detects wheel position/movement?
>(keep this one for the FAQ!)

similar to crankshaft speed, a toothed wheel with a hall effect or
inductive pickup.  Easier though, since position detection is not a
requirement.

>and, is ABS considered EFI related? (be nice)

ABS may not be by strict definition, but traction control should be,
since it uses the same sensors, but incoporates engine control.  If we
can talk about oil pumps, then ABS is relatively spot on target :)

Andrew Rabbitt