more fuel pressure

kleenair at ix.netcom.com kleenair at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 17 13:52:58 GMT 1996

Dave Zug wrote:

> I was given a tip on my car's website, that if i "crush" the pneumatic
> pressure regulator on my 3.1L PFI-T pont. engine, i'll get more fuel for
> a given vacuum. this is because you'd be loading the spring inside the
> regulator.  I absolutely am NOT going to do this, but does anyone have
> another way to affect that regulator without buying boosters etc? its
> ONE thing that my ECM CANT alter, that i'd like to. is it
> disassemblable?
>
> ps I have only 40 psi at idle and 60 psi at WOT.
>
> later~

I don't know if its disassemblable, but if you run a higher pressure
across the operating range, the adaptive learn will simply correct for
the overfueling.  The only way around it is to disconnect the O2 sensor
and raise the pressure, in which case you get a Check Engine Light, not
to mention that its illegal and it will damage your catalyst.

Best Regards,
Mazda