more fuel pressure

kleenair at ix.netcom.com kleenair at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 17 17:55:55 GMT 1996

tom cloud wrote:

> Mazda,
>
> While I understand about the 'adaptive learning', don't most engines,
> at WOT, go to a speed density type mode which utilizes pre-set parameters
> while ignoring the EGO?  If so, wouldn't the net effect be stock
> performance during normal operation (except idle, where there might be
> more petrol than the system can adapt for), and improved performance
> at WOT?
>
> Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>

Hi Tom,
It depends on the calibration strategy of the system.  Adaptive learn is
not only used for changes in engine characteristics, but also used for
changes in fuel composition.  If the adaptive learn number is intended to
correct for fuel composition, it may be applied to the fuel calculation
in open loop mode as well.  The only way to know for sure is to hook up
the Tech tool and find out if BLM (block learn) automatically goes to 128
(no correction) at WOT.

Best Regards,
Mazda