oil press "gauge"

James Thorne jthorn at mustangeng.com
Wed Dec 18 21:51:03 GMT 1996

>Wrongamundo!  I have the factory blessed schematics (and a '91 F150) --
>they show the pressure sensor on 4.9 litre only, all others (not counting
>diesel) have the cute little switch.  There's no drawing for the panel or
>the instruments theyselfs, so I have my Ford part$ guy checking for me.

Sorry,  My 91 Bronco (351W) had the sending unit and my 93 F-350 (diesel) had the switch as
do the 94 up Mustangs.  I 'assumed' that since my 91 bronco had a sending unit that the
change was made with the body style and instrument cluster update in 92.  I have the wiring
diagrams for the 93 and it was a simple replacement of a resistor with a jumper and the
correct sending unit where the switch was located.

Does anyone know if different Ford oil pressure sending units have different ranges?  I know
the one on the 89 5.0 is 0 to 100 psi but are there different ones?

James Thorne