O2-sensor on carb (sorry) engine - Slant 6

Corey Stup cstup at pobox.com
Thu Dec 19 13:34:24 GMT 1996

>      I understand that the fuel-air mixture for example at cruising speeds
>      should be 14,7:1. I want to get my carb as close to this as possible.
>      My idea is to install an O2-sensor and thus benefit from it's readings
>      to optimize the carb.
Good starting point!

>      What is the actual electrical output from an O2-sensor (mV, mA, ohm)?
>      I would like to connect it to a meter placed at the instrument panel;
>      giving me the best possibility to adjust the carb.
The output ranges from 0V to 2.0V or so.
A good plan is to purchase CyberDyne's A/F gauge, its the type with 10
LEDS
in red/amber/green to (sorta) show A/F ratio.  The benefit of
CyberDyne's
guage over some of the others (MSD; Accell; etc) is the low cost.
CyderDyne's
is around $30, while MSD's is $130 or so.  The other ones claim wide
ratio
A/F monitoring, but with the standard sensor they include (no ERGO)
accurate
wide range just isn't possible.  CyberDyne's is also nicer (in my
opinion)
because its a 2 1/16" round gauge, instead of the square ones from MSD.
This
fit my guage panel much nicer; right next to all my VDO guages.
I use mine on my FI Volkswagon and FI Fiat X1/9; tied it in to the stock
(1 wire) sensor.

You can purchase CyberDyne's guage from Jegg's or Summit.
Summit Racing is at 330-630-3030, Gauge P/N:CYB-7009
(They also sell a standard Bosche heated (3 wire) sensor to
match; CYB-8941; $52.95)