LESS fuel pressure

Dave Zug dzug at eecis.udel.edu
Fri Dec 20 03:26:31 GMT 1996

George M. Dailey wrote:

> When the FAQ is completed, line one should be:
> Q- Can I raise my fuel pressure to inscrease my WOT power?
> A- No. If you have a stock automobile, and its is working properly,
> increasing fuel pressure (with no other changes) will not increase power.

	Speaking as the originator of this "subject" (this time around, anyway) I'd like to
say, First, i'm learning alot from the responces even though some contradict slightly. and
some even would keep me from asking similar questions, if i were sensitive to the "novice"
thrashing. i'm not refering to this message specifically.

 Second, I HAVE gotten a DEFINITE performance increse at WOT by providing LESS fuel. "feels"
like 35 hp or more. (as they cringe at the word FEEL)

.. not in fuel pressure, but in fuel (pulse width). i could leave you guessing, but thats
not productive... its on a turbo car that is made FAT up high on purpose to keep from
tearing up the transaxle (the weak link).

and third, i already have the means by which to increase airflow, and advance.. (at NO
cost), i just wanted advice on modifying an existing part on the thing to get more fuel with
pressure, rather than with taxing the injectors duty cycle, which at this point i have NOT
calculated the max cycle so no, i dont know if its close to being taxed (wet type).

Hence the bones of my quest: release the power thats ALREADY in there (no fair buying
stuff), learn something, share information within limits.

DO carmakers reduce performace for the reason of increasing mileage, or do they do it more
to give the warranty a better chance of making it?  With my model, it was to protect the
warranty, which has expired, along with the book value (28k to 4k in 6 years) and 3 sets of
ZR's in 3 years.

So in summary, this is a good list, thank you, and the FAQ is a great idea, speaking as a
person who wouldnt have bothered you all with silly novice questions, and as a person who
takes the time to read the 42 messages a day and would eventually appreciate not seeing the
silly ones over and over again.

the gasoline FAQ was the neetest thing i've read yet, the porting article too. almost want
to keep the list a secret, huh?

happy holidays. :-)