diy_efi and efi332 website update

Johnny allnight at everett.net
Sat Dec 21 01:21:34 GMT 1996

Howdy,
The efi332 and diy_efi websites have moved. It is hoped that the
reorganization will make it easier for maintenance and future enhancements.
There is a common "front door" now at;

http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/

You can get pretty much anywhere from there. The actual base URL's for the
2 web sites themselves are;

http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/efi332/

and;

http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/diy_efi/

I haven't done much more than get everything moved from the various old
locations and up and running at the new addresses. After the holidays I
will be going over both of the sites and adding some various cool stuff as
well as some hopefully useful scripts and utilities. It looks like
everything that was at the old sites are present and functional at the new
locations, but if you do find a broken link or something missing or wrong,
please let me know about it so I can get it fixed.

I would also like to hear from everyone that has a suggestion as to what
they would like to see on these web pages. To get the ball rolling, here is
what I have been thinking about;

Continue with the "new look" and get it all consistent.

Finish adding global navigation to all of the old pages so you can get from
one site to the other from any page.

Write a script or two to facilitate getting on, off, changing addresses or
going to or from digest mode for the mailing lists. My admin box is jammed
daily with the same stuff of people trying to get on or off the lists...
there has got to be a more user friendly way to deal with Majordomo,
perhaps the web page will be the answer.

Add some step by step docs for the efi332 project concerning the building
of the development environment as well as obtaining parts to get started
and more up to date information on progress being made towards a "finished
product". I don't see what would be so wrong in having a few extra boards
and chips laying around for the newbie to be able to just jump on and go
with latest hardware "package" or "kit" if you will. Also, I am hoping this
and an FAQ will give them better information on what the mailing lists are
really all about, to help them decide if they want to subscribe or not.
Kind of open it up some.

More user input on the diy_efi site. Let's get some pictures and other
"spin bytes" on there showing what everyone is really working on. Maybe a
script backed form for list members to be able to add stuff to there own
diy_efi pages there. There is a pretty good start on there now, but there
could be more content there, and more images.

And last but not least,
How about a major harumph for Robert Fridman and all of the time and work
he has put into the diy_efi site up to present!!!

btw Robert, you can make a little "we've moved" pointer at the old URL now,
and take a much deserved vacation.

OK, really the last thing now,
Please remember that these are YOUR sites, not mine. The more you
contribute, the richer and more interesting they become. I am just the
caretaker, not the content writer. ANY suggestions are appreciated and
needed too. There is a wealth of information packed into the list archives.
Feel free to pick a subject and write up an article on it. Make it richer
by quoting some of the information from the archived articles themselves.
It doesn't have to be in HTML form, that's what I do. There's well over 500
people on diy_efi. Some are the top minds in engine management, some just
want to make their Z28 go better (like me). The lists are where we get to
exchange what we know, the web site it where we get to show it off. Put
something on there.

------------ Vince Lombardi hat removed --------------
------------ megaphone turned off ----------------
----------- soapbox returned to closet ---------------

and don't forget to have fun with it.  ;-)

-j-