Tapered intakes, port velocities etc.

Beaubien, Matthew BMATSS96 at petro-canada.ca
Mon Dec 23 16:09:44 GMT 1996

Frank,

. A main factor is because the valve remains open longer at the lower
lift
. (the valve opens and closes).  The time spent at maximum lift is much
. shorter than at low lift.

When I mentioned low-lift, I was talking about .050" to .100". Maybe
"they" mean more like .300" when they say "low" lift levels.

With the asymetric lobes in my Datsun, the valve spends more time near
max lift than any other value...

It still seems to me that if little potential exists (ie. pressure
difference between cylinder and manifold), the less important the amount
the head can flow. ('scuse the wording)

Matt Beaubien
mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca